A Fourth of July crowd gathers in Memorial Park in Danville for a program
in 1949. (The Morning Press)
It was Danville vs. Benton in this game on Oct. 2, 1909, at Athletic Park
in Danville. The park was located on Beaver Street, just off Market Street.
Today the property is owned by Svedala Kennedy Van Saun. (Sis Hause,
This photo of Mill Street in Danville was taken in the 1860s. Montgomery
House can be seen at the end of the street. (Sis Hause, Danville)
A large crowd gathers at the Riverside station of the Pennsylvania
Railroad to see off Danville's National Guard unit in September 1950,
when it was called up for active duty at the beginning of the Korean conflict.
(The Morning Press)
Horse or Trolley, Take Your Pick
Traffic is heading toward Danville in this photo of the Danville-Riverside
Bridge from 1912. This trolley started running in 1912 and made 22 round
trips from Danville to Riverside each day between 6 a.m. and 10:30 p.m..
(Sis Hause, Danville)
Students at the Fourth Ward School on Center Street in Danville posed
fo this class picture around the turn of the century. The building, which
was purchased by Geisinger Medical Center and then returned to the borough
of Danville, still stands today. (Geisinger Medical Center Archives)